The 2016 Seacoast Championships will be held Friday afternoon at Exeter High School. This meet includes all schools in the Seacoast Region of NH regardless off school size. It has grown to be one of the more competitive meets of the season, but also presents a mountain of decision making for coaches. As one of the final meets prior to Divisional championships next weekend, coaches have to decide between chasing better seed times, qualifying times, resting, and/or pursuing a high team score. Every team approaches it differently, but the level of competition never seems to suffer. NHTF will also be there taking videos, Dave Scannell’s pics, and under the Runner’s Alley tent for interviews.
Seacoast Track Meet Records 2016
Seacoast Meet, Order of events 2016
- Are the Lady Bobcats of Oyster River poised to win their 1st Seacoast Team Title?
- How many points will the Twombly sisters (Oyster River) score across the sprints, jumps and 4×100?
- Can CBNA’s Kathleen Collins (Shot/Discus) and Christen Gallant (PV/Javelin) sweep their respective events?
- Can Portsmouth’s Erin Campbell pull off the triple crown winning the Long, Triple and High Hurdles?
- When will Loucks Mile Champion Maegan Doody break the 1600 state record? She is a mere 2 seconds away after her mile is converted to 1600 meters. Will it be at Seacoast???
- Can Portsmouth pull off the 3-peat???
- Which team will emerge at the top of the chase pack?
- How will throwing off a track surface effect the Javelin?
- Who will be the top thrower?
- How many points will Portsmouth’s Ed Carroll score in the High Hurdles, 300 Hurdles, Long and Triple?
- What and how fast can Exeter’s Justin Carbone and Oyster River’s Patrick O’Brien run in the distance events?
One thought on “What to Watch For! 2016 Seacoast Championships @ Exeter”
This meet and the Wilderness meet should give some good insight into how the D2 and D3 state championships pan out. Look for OBrien and Doody to lead the distance events, and the rest of the OR kids to make some noise as well. Could be the ladies year.